Last week, the February 2016 reTHINK PSU status report was released.
As noted by Vice Provost for Academic Innovation and Student Success, Sukhwant Jhaj, the projects and initiatives are aligned with PSU’s recently completed strategic plan.
He also shared the following highlights of the report:
- With APLU/Gates funding, XPLANE (a design thinking consultant) convened campus stakeholders to help begin creating a roadmap to guide the Super Awesome Degree Maps, Coordinated Care Network, Redesign MyPSU, and Advising Redesign Projects. It will be finalized by March 30th.
- Undergraduate Student Persistence – led by Casey Campbell – the project team recently finished four concepts through co-creation with students: Articulation Officer, Transfer Website, and Student Centers.
- The following projects were recently completed
- Business Model Analysis Project – led by Susan Klees – created a detailed list of design criteria for a business model tool, representing widespread campus input, that is now being integrated into budget and enrollment projects.
- Creating an Academically-Supported Internship Program at PSU – led by Jeanne Ellis – produced a comprehensive set of recommendations (working copy of the report is here) for expanding internship programming campus-wide.
- Improve Undeclared Student Persistence – led by Becki Ingersoll – conducted a detailed assessment of undecided students, which will inform a more data-drive model for the future.
New Student Success Website is Live
Also: take a look at the new student success website, built by Kara Hayes and Randi Harris: http://www.pdx.edu/student-success.
We congratulate and thank all the project teams, stakeholders, project managers, faculty, and staff for their hard work on these projects!